DBP Architects are a design conscious practice specialising in both Architecture + Interior design projects in the residential, hospitality & leisure and commercial sectors. Working throughout Scotland from the borders to the Highlands + Islands with a diverse project portfolio across all development sectors.
We would very much like to speak with a talented and motivated Graduate Architect to develop their career and contribute to our office culture. The practice seeks to engage a newly qualified architect with exceptional design and 3D visualisation skills coupled with a sound technical ability. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a small team on a variety of project types from inception through to completion.
Who are we looking for?
- A person with an innovative approach to the creative design process and enjoy interaction with colleagues, consultants + clients
- The role will include the development of conceptual modelling + to convert the concepts to technical design packages in tandem with our interior designers and technologists
- An interest in sustainable architecture would be advantageous
- Enthusiastic and talented individual who is seeking to advance their career prospects as part of a friendly team
Qualifications and skills:
- Part 2 qualification (minimum) is ideally a requirement for the position
- Experience and a talent in developing design solutions + conceptual modelling using current software packages including AutoCAD, Revit LT, Sketch Up + En Scape, or similar 3D modelling packages
- Knowledge and the ability to interpret construction detailing in sustainable architecture is an advantage
- Interest in sustainable architecture and 3D modelling with an interest in sustainable architecture
- The ability to create innovative design presentations
- A good understanding of current planning and building regulations
- Good opportunities for career progression and a competitive salary
- A role in a busy small practice with a friendly culture within a creative environment suited to a candidate who can express their individual talents
- The opportunity to grow to be an important part of our practice
- How to apply: Please submit a covering letter, CV, and a portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.